Tips to stop my orthoses from squeaking in the shoes!
Orthoses are Podiatrist prescribed inserts that are worn in shoes, and they are designed to help with your foot pain and improve your foot function.
Occasionally, your orthoses also can annoyingly make a squeaky noise in the shoes when walking. This can occur because of the friction between the orthoses and the inside of your shoes. Luckily, the squeaky noise can settle by itself as the orthoses are gradually wearing in, but if not, there are a few tricks worth a try at home such as:
- Put some talcum powder in your shoes before fitting of the orthoses in
- Apply some duct tape under the end of the orthoses
- Put a dryer sheet under the orthoses. This has the added advantage of acting as a deodorant if you are using it in your sports shoes
- Rub candle wax on the outer edges of the orthoses
- Place masking tape on the areas where the plastic orthosis contacts the shoe sole and the sides of the shoe upper.
If these options don’t work for you, then come back in to see us and we will help you fix the problem. We will check to see if they fit you correctly and are functioning properly. Often, we can help by finding out exactly where the noise is coming from and will make small adjustments to the edges or heels of your orthoses to stop the squeak in no time.
Making an appointment is super easy. You can book online or call our friendly reception team on (03) 9711 7562. We look forward to seeing you at The Footcare Clinic.