Are you a tradie or a construction worker who suffers with foot pain every day? Is the pain getting in the way of you being able to enjoy doing other things like running, walking or spending time with your kids when you’re not at work?
You’re not alone! The Footcare Clinic team has worked closely with many tradies and construction workers to not only treat the symptoms of foot pain, but also address the cause of the problem.
Working on your feet day in day out, wearing heavy workboots can take a toll on your feet. We get it! Many of you spend large amounts of time climbing up and down stairs and ladders, standing for long hours operating heavy machinery and generally tiring your feet and body out.
Below are some reasons why you may have foot pain:
- Footwear – your workboots may not be the right fit for your feet OR they’re simply too worn out. They may not be supporting your feet very well. Having the wrong workboots for your feet can increase your chances of getting blisters, corns, calluses, bruised nails, tinea (fungal infection) and sore feet.
- Biomechanical – sometimes poor foot alignment, combined with increased time standing on your feet working on unforgiving surfaces like concrete, can be the cause of many soft tissue injuries to the lower limb.
- Overuse injuries – if you love to exercise outside of work (ie. running, footy, soccer etc) and have noticed foot pain occurring recently then it’s likely your body isn’t used to the increased load and demand. Working long hours on your feet AND playing sport is possible, but if not done slowly and gradually you will likely increase your chances of overuse injuries to your feet and legs.
If you have foot pain:
- Don’t muck around and waste your time waiting to see if the problem will go away. Most of the time it won’t and the longer the pain is left untreated, the longer it will take to heal.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets are only a short-term fix. Not only are they not good for your stomach, it doesn’t address the cause of your pain.
Want it gone quickly so you can get back to doing what you love sooner? See a professional. That’s right, see a podiatrist! In a nutshell, our team at The Footcare Clinic will:
- Assess your footwear
- Assess your walking posture
- Assess the muscles and joints of your feet
- Provide innovative treatment techniques such as shockwave therapy, low level laser therapy and orthotic therapy to help you recovery from your pain as quick as possible.
- Provide a detailed personalised management plan so that you’re clear on the steps needed to achieve your treatment goals
Your feet are precious wheels for your body, and it might be time you need to give them a tune-up/wheel-alignment.
You can easily book an appointment online or call our help team on (03) 9711 7562 if you have any questions. Our team at The Footcare Clinic are here to help.